It is lovely to hear that you are interested in starting pole dancing with Otanko! Regardless of your prior sports or pole dancing experience, here is some essential information about starting pole dancing with Otanko. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
First-timers are welcome to try class for free with no registration required.
If you enjoyed our classes, our annual membership fee is 30 euros. For more information about becoming a member, click here.
Everyone is welcome to our beginner technique classes independent of prior sports experience. You can check out when they run from our class schedule. For more experienced pole dancers, we recommend to check out our class descriptions.
Join our announcement channel to keep up with the upcoming events and classes: https://t.me/OtankoAnnouncements
All of our pole classes are held at the Association Room located at Jämeräntaival 1, 02150 Espoo. Note that there are no changing rooms or faucets. You can still change clothes and fill your water bottle in the toilets nearby. We also have a couple off the pole support classes – these might be held in either in the Association room or the Tatami Hall (Jämeräntaival 5 A). Remember to check the location from the class event when signing up!
You will need to bring a water bottle and a small towel for cleaning the pole with you. Please, wear shorts and a top that allow easy movement. During the warmups and some of the spins, it might be useful to wear something on top of the shorts.
The First Timer Checklist:
1. Bring a water bottle and a small towel for cleaning the pole with you.
2. Wear shorts and a top that allow easy movement. During the warmups, it might be useful to wear something on top of the shorts.
3. Take off the jewelry (rings, bracelets, necklaces) to prevent the poles from scratching.
4. Tell the instructor about your old sport injuries if you find them relevant to pole dancing.
5. Notify the instructor if this is your first pole class or first time with Otanko.
6. Ask your instructor for more information and most importantly have fun!